Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 5

Dear Parents,

     I apologize but I did not attach the correct homework for the week for Reading/Social Studies.  I have listed the correct homework below for this week.  I apologize for the error.

Homework:
Reading: Read 30 minutes nightly.  Students are to read The Golden Lion Tamarin.  
Social Studies: Students will read and answer the questions for Chapter 3, Core Lesson 5.  This will be due Friday.   They will also complete Chapter 4, Core Lesson 1 and it will be due Tuesday, November 12.
Vocabulary: Students should study their words for the week. Homework labels should include name, subject area, date, and assignment.  

     I also placed stickers with usernames and password in the agendas today for two of the classes and I will be placing stickers in the agenda of the third homeroom tomorrow.  The username and password I placed in the agenda are for Destination Success. 

https://success.duvalschools.org/lms

This is an excellent website that provides practice in both reading and math.  Mrs. Corey and I have both programmed activities for the students to use.  The activities that we programmed were based on individual student benchmark scores.  Again, this is just another resource available for you to have your child use.  Most of the activities do not take very long to complete and are very colorful and exciting. 
     I also wanted to let you know that I included the FAIR test results in the report cards yesterday.  The FAIR test is a statewide reading test given to students to determine reading level.  Included in the results were suggested activities that will help improve your child's reading comprehension.  The FAIR is given to students 3 times a year and you will get these results each time the test is given.  If you have any questions about them, please do not hesitate to call.  Thank you for all you do and have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment